MRB is a transformation of the savings and credits operational activities of Microfin Plus Ghana (MFPG), a Financial Non-Governmental Organization (FNGO) which has operated in Central Region for the past three years, in response to the ‘Regularization of the Microfinance Sector’ by Bank of Ghana.
Microfin Rural Bank is fully networked and linked with One Hundred and Forty One (141) rural banks and their over Seven hundred (700) branches all over Ghana through ARB Apex Bank
The bank’s head office is located at Gomoa Pomadze in the Gomoa East District of the Central Region of Ghana. There are three (3) branches located at Gomoa Pomadze, Kasoa and Mankessim respectively
‘“ To become the leading rural bank in Ghana that provides sustainable and appropriate financial services to the micro, small and medium scale enterprises to help grow the rural economy”.
- Provision of client-centred microfinance solutions for financial inclusion.
- Attract, train and retain highly qualified and well-motivated staff, leverage with appropriate technology to provide sound and competitive banking services to our valued customers.
- Secure and maximize shareholder’s wealth.
- Commitment to our corporate social responsibility.
“Banking with Passion” “Nya Banking mu Atinka”
- Mobilize savings.
- Offer credit to the rural community for rural investment, job creation and improved standard of living. Offer any other financial services that are permissible under the Banking Act.
- Make profit for institutional sustainability and offer economic returns to the shareholders.
- Contribute to the socio-economic well-being especially women and youth of the community in which the bank operates.
Core Corporate Values
The core corporate values of the bank which will permeate all the operations of the bank are summarized as follows:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Commitment and Team-working
- Transparency and accountability
- Customer Care
- Banking with Passion